Counties & municipalities use the WorkplaceAware Report Management System to identify a range
of potential problems in their communities. Once identified, authorities may communicate the
problems to the appropriate departments that need the information so they can address and correct
the issues before they become larger problems.
WorkplaceAware streamlines reporting of issues saving valuable time in correcting problems.
Use Case Example: Public Works
A Public Works mobile workforce in local governments observe a variety of infrastructure issues that
occur in their local communities every day. Public Works Departments use WorkplaceAware to
quickly identify and share information that helps make communities safer and well-maintained.
– Overgrown Brush
– Road Problems
– Bridge Problems
– Other Transportation Problems
Following a significant rain, a Public Works department identifies road flooding that will be
problematic for law enforcement, fire and emergency management departments that use that road.
• Public Works personnel inspect and identify the flooding problem and sees that the road is
impassable. Barriers are put in place to keep vehicles from driving through the flooding.
• The WorkplaceAware mobile app is used to report the issue with a picture, description, map and
date/time stamp. This includes picture documentation of the barriers put in place.
• Public Works immediately receives the report notification in the dashboard and assesses the issue.
• Public Works may share the report information with departments like law enforcement. This may
include other municipalities in a county that may be affected by the issue(s) identified.
• Law Enforcement may then communicate the flooding issue to departments like Fire, Ambulance
and Emergency Management ensuring they are aware of specific road closures.
• As actions are taken, comments may be entered to document corrective steps.
• All reports are contained and managed within the WorkplaceAware dashboard making it easy for
approved administrators to access and evaluate reports.
• WorkplaceAware provides administrators with full reporting capabilities within the dashboard,
including the ability to filter and export information into a PDF or Excel spreadsheet.
Similar examples can be made for other types of infrastructure issues that arise, including road,
brush and bridge problems that typically are the responsibility of Public Works departments to
identify and correct.
For more information: www.WorkplaceAware.com