The Construction industry can use the WorkplaceAware Report Management System to identify a
range of potential problems on their construction sites. Once identified, authorities may
communicate the problems to the appropriate personnel that need the information so they can
address and correct the issues before they become larger problems.
WorkplaceAware streamlines reporting of issues saving valuable time in correcting problems.
Use Case Example: The Construction Industry
A Construction company’s mobile workforce and selected sub-contractors observe a variety of
issues that occur on their job sites every day. Construction companies use WorkplaceAware to
quickly identify and share information that helps make workplaces safer and more efficient.
– Fall Risks
– Loose Scaffolding
– Open Trenches
– Exposed Electrical Wires
– Equipment Malfunctions
Example: Fall Risks
From far below, a construction superintendent identifies a worker high above the ground unsecured
by any safety rigging. This situation creates an imminent risk of falling.
• Safety measures are immediately implemented to protect the worker(s) at risk.
• The WorkplaceAware mobile app is used to report the issue with a picture, description, map and
date/time stamp. This includes picture documentation of the potential hazard.
• Construction supervisors immediately receives the report notification in the dashboard and
assesses the issue.
• Construction supervisors may share the report information with appropriate construction crew.
This may include other contractors or personnel that may be affected by the issue(s) identified.
• As actions are taken, comments may be entered to document corrective steps.
• All reports are contained and managed within the WorkplaceAware dashboard making it easy for
approved administrators to access and evaluate reports.
• WorkplaceAware provides administrators with full reporting capabilities within the dashboard,
including the ability to filter and export information into a PDF or Excel spreadsheet.
• Additional training and the implementation of safety measures are instituted to prevent the risk of
Similar examples can be made for other types of construction issues that arise, including loose
scaffolding, open trenches, exposed electrical wires and equipment malfunctions. These potential
problems typically are the responsibility of construction supervisors to identify and correct.
For more information: www.WorkplaceAware.com